Definition of Job Work ( Sec 2(68) of CGST Act)
“Job work” means any treatment or process undertaken by a person on goods belonging to another registered person
Time Period for Bringing back the goods from one job Work
- Within one year in case of inputs
- Within three years in case of capital goods (except moulds and dies, jigs and fixtures or tools).
Responsibilities of Principal
• Keeping proper accounts of the inputs and capital goods sent for job work
• Sending the goods for job work as well as bringing them back or supplying
Scope of Job Work
Whether any inputs, other than the goods provided by the principal, can be used by the job worker for providing the services of job work
• Determined on the basis of facts and circumstances of each case.
• Can also use his own goods for providing the services of job work.
Clarification in respect of different scenarios in case of Goods sent for Job Work